Hazel Glen College incorporates the use of technology in every area of the curriculum. Students use their device in a multitude of ways, including reviewing their timetable, receive learning material customised to their classes, participating in collaborative projects, submitting work to their teachers and publishing to a world-wide audience.
Students from Year 1 to Year 8 use an iPad for their everyday classroom use and students from Year 9 to Year 12 can choose their own device to suit their style of learning.
A working technology that is appropriate an important part of our student’s learning journey. Students require a variety of apps on their device to assist in their learning. Apps are used to create assignments and assist in the consumption and communication of information. It is essential to have the required applications installed on devices. In this way, students are responsible for and, in control of, their personal learning at HGC.
All devices must have a screen size of 7.9 inches or larger. Mobile phones are not allowed to be used as a learning device at the College.
Helpful information, hints and tips:
- We recommended iPads be 32GB or larger.
- All iPads require at least 12GB of free space.
- Any size iPad is acceptable.
- We prefer an iPad that can support iOS13 (iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 4 or later)
- The iPad must always be protected by a strong, secure case.
- Students will need to purchase apps throughout the year (when this is the case, a notice will be sent home).
- All students require their own Apple ID to sign in during school hours. There is no need to have money stored on the Apple ID (it is only required for classwork and for acquiring free apps).
- For help setting up an Apple ID click on the link below.
- Students will be asked to install College profiles on their iPad to support the safety and security of using iPads in the classroom. These profiles will also enable the College to ”push” educational apps, ebooks and web clips to the student iPad to help them with their learning. (To find out more information about his process, click on the link below).
- Once you have installed a profile, and have paid the digital bundle fees, apps that are required can be pushed out to the students iPad.
- We recommended a computer running the following operating platforms, or later:
- Mac OSX.13
- Windows 8.1
- Chrome OS
- It must be in good working order and be able to connect to an enterprise network