Building Breadth and Depth
Year 5 – Year 8
Middle School at Hazel Glen College frames the Middle Years of Schooling as Years 5 – 8 within its K – 12 continuum. This is a reflection of the developmental needs of students and their families within our contemporary Australian context. The developmental stage of early adolescence occurs between the ages of 9-13, where adolescent brains have specific social, emotional, and learning needs best catered for in a specialised environment. Therefore, Middle School programs are designed to:
- develop leadership qualities
- develop positive connections between peers and their world
- spark curiosity
- be intellectually challenging
- allow students to step out of their comfort zone
- build core values and skills of resilience, responsibility, creativity and global citizenship.
Our focus is on educating the individual. Our students have many opportunities to pursue their interests, with structure in place to ensure all students are known and cared for. Our focus is on all students’ individual academic, social and emotional development as they prepare for and dream of their future.
At A Glance
- A focus on educating the individual
- Offers a broad range of educational opportunities and extra-curricular activities
- Provides students with the habits and skills needed for success
- Innovative curriculum and technology
- A caring environment with an emphasis on ositive relationships
To find out more, please take the time to have a look at our Middle School Handbook, as well as our Middle School Virtual Tour.