As a member of HGC, each student projects the College’s image, especially in the way they present themselves in their dress and behaviour. This should reflect their status as a member of a respected College in the community.
The school uniform is expected to be worn with pride and care. To ensure this happens:
- The Uniform Guidelines apply during school hours while travelling to and from Hazel Glen, and when students are on school excursions;
- Students are expected to dress neatly and in the correct school uniform;
- Primary School Wear (PSW) is the current uniform supplier, and order forms will be available from the office or online (www.psw.com.au);
- All Hazel Glen College uniform items have the College logo;
- Runners for Physical Education and Sport lessons are to be supportive and have a rubber sole. Skate shoes / Vans / Converse and basketball shoes are NOT permitted.
- All uniform items must be clearly labelled with the students’ name;
- Stud earrings and sleepers worn in the ears only;
- Watches are the only acceptable jewellery;
- Extreme hair colours (e.g. green or purple rinses) and extreme hairstyles (e.g. spikes or shaved head patterns) are not permitted. Natural hair colour, no colour rinses. If in the school’s opinion it is unacceptable, it may result in the student’s exclusion until the matter is satisfactorily resolved;
- Long hair should be kept neat, off the face and tied back for health and safety reasons; in accordance with our Head Lice Management Policy;
- All hair accessories should conform to the school colours;
- Nail polish and cosmetics may not be worn;
- The prescribed Hazel Glen Primary bucket hat or cap must be worn during Term 1 and Term 4. Hats are not to be worn inside;
- College Council requires the Principal to be responsible for the implementation of the Uniform Policy in a manner consistent with the Student Code of Conduct;
- Students not wearing the prescribed uniform will be issued an ‘Out of School Uniform’ notification that will be sent home to parents;
- Parents seeking exemptions to the Dress Code due to religious beliefs, ethnic or cultural background, student disability, health condition or economic hardship must apply in writing to the Principal / Assistant Principal for consideration;
The Head of School makes decisions as to the suitability of any uniform item in conjunction with an Assistant Principal.
The HGC uniform is available from:
4/5 Danaher Dr, South Morang, VIC, 3752
Phone:(03) 9768 0386