Student Leadership Academy
The Hazel Glen College Student Leadership Academy has been developed to provide students with the necessary skills, knowledge and experiences to become effective leaders in the College, communities and beyond.
The goal of the Student Leadership Academy is to help students develop leadership qualities such as critical thinking, problem solving, communication, teamwork and decision making skills.
Academy students are offered a range of opportunities through teacher led fortnightly classes, workshops and excursions.
- Problem Solving
- Working with staff and students throughout the College
Key Aspects Of The Academy
- Students work collaboratively with each other to develop short term and long term goals for their year levels
- Academy students will work with Whittlesea Council members to develop and enhance aspects of the College
- Running Year Level Assemblies
- Working with staff to develop programs and activities for yearly calendar events (R U OK Day, Anti-Bullying Day etc.)
- Student voice sessions with members of leadership, where this gives students a chance to have their ideas and voices heard
- Excursions and Incursions from outside Leadership Programs